Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Interview with beautiful Russian growler Polina Psycheya from All I Could Bleed


Polina Psycheya is a beautiful woman who fronts a Russian band All I Could Bleed. She talks exclusively with Melvi B&G about her band journey and band's style.

Official Page to her band's link - https://www.facebook.com/AllICouldBleedBandOfficial?ref=br_rs



Melvi - What are you doing nowadays?
Polina - I try to use our last warm days here. Nothing special: workout in the woods, ride bike, some rehearsal and so on, and so on.

Melvi - Can I get the story of your band and biography? What is the meaning of All I Could Bleed exactly means to the band?
Polina - AICB was born in 2004, by duet of our guitarists Alex Sibrikov and Max Melnikov. Hard to say what it means for other musicians from «AICB», because this name was given over 11 years ago, and I'm in the band over 6 years. Well, for me it has the most direct value-all I could express by blood. All I could say on language of aggression, the most expressive of existing in whole world. And I do it.

Melvi - What are the lyrical themes you use in your song?gore, horror, politics, anti religion etc..
Polina - Well, at our first album ”Burying The Past” I wrote something about my own experience, about my past. And yes, I can even use word like “horror”. My new lyrics for second album totally about politics, wars. “Anti-religion” is not really right determination, I use this theme, but I only try to say there, “you can believe at whatever, but first you have to believe in yourself, and don’t be deceived by the gods of flesh and blood”.

Melvi - How it feels to be in a metal band esp. when its a male dominant place? And for how many years you are in this scene?
Polina - You know, I never feel difference from “male world”, I am a part of it. I don’t feel myself woman and I don’t have a maternal instincts or something, I am manly. And people around me feel it, know it. Appearance is not being in my situation. And I’m on the stage over 6 years.

Melvi - Which are the bands that have influenced your band most?
Polina - Aw, a lot of. I can say most popular bands, such Death, Pantera, Kreator, Children Of Bodom, early Metallica, Rammstein, Arkona, Motorhead, Distruction and so on.



Melvi - What are the future plans of All I Could Bleed? any tours, releases, recordings etc.
Polina - The main plan for us now is completing recording and release of second album. Than… who knows, maybe tour and clip.

Melvi - How did metal community reacted to your debut album?
Polina - Well, I will not lie, if I’ll say- really really good. Despite the fact that material is not really fresh and the recording quality is not high. But I still getting positive reviews from whole world.

Melvi - What is your opinion on sites posting band's Materials without asking bands?
Polina - I think it’s even good, especially for unknown bands. That’s free PR. Because early become famous was much more unreal, than now.

Melvi - How do you feel about the classifications in metal? like deathcore, metalcore and other sub genres..
Polina - To be honest, I hate it, huh. But I don’t criticize it, I just will never come in this world. Every self-expression has a right to exist if it's not aimed at instilling bad habits and so on.

Melvi - In general term metal isn't appreciated by Society what do you have to say on this?
Polina - I can say only: I don’t care, haha. Most part metal bands don’t carry a destructive message, while most of today's pop artists are promoting debauchery, drugs, dullness, false moral values, love of money. Metal is “honest music”, aggressive, but honest. What’s better? The answer is obvious.

Melvi - Ok, what do you want to tell those peoples who rips off the band hard work and illegally downloads their music or pirates their cds/merchs and sells them?
Polina - About downloads I already said-I think that’s good. You know, big part of people, who downloaded it and like it-will buy cd anyway, that’s my own experience with AICB. About merch another situation-that’s bullshit. Merch is another money and meaning. This is must be stopped.

Melvi -  Beside All I Could Bleed do you have any other projects you have? If then, Can you tell us about those projects in few words?
Polina - I don’t have side-projects for now, but I don’t mind to work with someone like a guest-singer. Just for experience.

Melvi - Is it hard surviving in metal Scene?
Polina - It’s pretty hard, you even have no idea how hard is it, especially in Russia. You must to be rich and lucky to survive and be popular…That’s sad.

Melvi - Metal has to be underground or metal has to go mainstream, what's your opinion?
Polina - Hard to say. Mainstream can give you a chance to get money for continuing a career, for records, clips, touring. But another side-you can lose your honest, it can turn a head. And that will be not this metal as we used to see it. “Middle ground” is better for all aspects of life.

Melvi - What is your opinion on the current state of metal?
Polina - What can I say? It’s sad almost at whole world, except Latin America, really! There is metal-boom. That’s really awesome to know. I dream about reborn of 70-80’s, that was the best time for metal\rock motion. Blossoming. Maybe someday it returns.

Melvi - Which is the album you want to take to your grave?
Polina - “Never I ask of you, But never I gave, But you gave me your emptiness I now take to my grave…”. I mean, I’m not really plan to die, so don’t ask me, huh.

Melvi - Can you recommend us some good bands from your country for our readers?
Polina -Yes, sure. That’s pretty good idea!

Melvi - Support Metal, how much you agree on this quote?
Polina - I’m totally agreed. And I do all I can to support young bands. If you will check my facebook page- you will see about what I am. That’s the only one way to stay alive. That’s the only one way to make strong metal-army. And each of you can and have to show your support! That’s really important.

Melvi - Where do our readers can buy and listen All I Could Bleed and any other merchs?
Polina - I start to paint our merch just now, and soon you’ll can to buy it just on my facebook page. I start to paint it just now only because many people sincerely wait and want it. That’s important reason for us!

Melvi - Do you remember your first show with All I Could Bleed, How was it and how did the crowd reacted to your first show?
Polina - Aw yes, I remember it. 2009, Chelyabinsk, big scene. While that time I still not write lyrics for our own album, and guys give me the task to learn Arch Enemy’s song “Enemy Within” and present it. Well I’m did it of course, without panic or something. Crowd was really surprised and they give me really strong support, I even didn’t dream about!

Melvi -  Do you have any plans to come to Nepal in coming days?
Polina - I know that Nepal fans wait for us, not only Nepal. And we wish to play there, but we need money for touring, tour manager\booking agency. It’s hard to find it… but I’m sure, we will do it someday! Just don’t stop to wait.

Melvi - What do you hate in metal community?like, anything..
Polina - I hate traitors, pseudo critics, “stars”-who spits on all metal fans… this is the most disgusting people.

Melvi - Your dream metal fest line up.
Polina - Such a hard questions, man. Please, don’t ask me to write big list of my favorite bands, okay? Haha. It will be really long list. Let me play on Wacken Open Air at least.

Melvi - Quick top 5 albums we must have in our collection.
Polina - Metallica’s “Master of Puppets”, Death’s “Symbolic”, Dimmu Borgir’s “Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia”, Black Sabbath’s “Paranoid”, Pantera’s “Vulgar Display of Power”.

Melvi - Lastly, a space for you anything Melvi B&Z have forgotten to ask you can tell us here?
Polina - I can say to you and all metalheads: don’t stop support metal music, don’t afraid to listen young metal bands, don’t stop to visit big concerts and small fests. We should survive, we should reborn. See ya! \m/


And we are taking submissions to publish from this blog. So send us your band biography, modeling profile, photography works, articles, poems etc. at railahsiv@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment